Each season AFC Brooklands nominate a charity that is close to the heart of our volunteers and players and hold a number of fundraising events during the season.
We believe it is a great opportunity to bring the club together and do something for those less fortunate or say thank you from those among us who have received assistance from these worthy causes. This season we are raising funds for Cruse Bereavement Care…
Cruse Bereavement Care is a national charity providing free advice, information and support to children, young people and adults who are struggling to cope with grief arising from bereavement, whenever or however the death occurred.
They have been operating in the area for over 35 years and cover the boroughs of Elmbridge, Runnymede, Spelthorne and Woking.
Surrey North Area Cruse services include:
- Face-to-face support sessions, either in your own home or at our meeting room in Chertsey.
- Group sessions. Many bereaved people derive great comfort from meeting others in similar situations to themselves.
- Telephone support and advice.
- Support by email. This service provides a weekly email support exchange with a bereavement volunteer.
- Information about the many aspects of bereavement as well as practical help and advice and signposting to a wide range of other support options.
- Special support for children and young people, either at home or at school.
Surrey North Area Cruse is supported by over 80 trained volunteers each giving their time to support people bereaved by death.
If you would like to donate, please click here.
Check back throughout the season to see what we have been doing to raise money for this worthy cause…
Charities that have received donations from AFC Brooklands: